See what’s up in the night sky with Manitoba Skies, our monthly sky column!
- International Space Station sightings from Winnipeg
- Buying a telescope : recommendations on how and where to buy a telescope in Manitoba.
- SpaceWeather.com – information on solar activity and northern lights visibility.
- Cloud Forecast for Astronomers – astronomy-specific cloud forecast for Winnipeg.
- Sunrise and Sunset times for cities in Canada
- Create your own star map at Heavens Above.
ASTRONOMY GROUPS IN MANITOBA
- Royal Astronomical Society of Canada : Winnipeg Centre – the local astronomy club, with over 150 members from all walks of life.
- University of Manitoba Astronomy Group – information on the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Manitoba.
- Other Canadian Astronomy Clubs
- SkyNews Magazine – the Canadian magazine of amateur astronomy. Lots of current information and useful links for amateur astronomers of any level.
- The Royal Astronomical Society of Canada publishes several books useful to amateur astronomers in Canada.
- Sky & Telescope Magazine – daily information updates, star maps, and a wealth of information for the amateur astronomer.
ASTRONOMY EDUCATION RESOURCES
- The Astronomical Society of the Pacific – excellent site for teachers with lots of resources, lesson plans, and products for astronomy education. The site is based on the American curriculum but is still useful for Canadian teachers.
- The Canadian Space Agency (CSA) – bilingual site covering Canada’s contributions to the exploration of space.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) – general NASA sight with everything you need to know about the space shuttle, space station and more. Lots of links to other NASA sites.
- Hubble Space Telescope – images and history of the Hubble SpaceTelescope.