Tuesday to Sunday • Open 10 am – 4 pm
Monday • Closed
Purchase your tickets in advance, HERE.
Save 25% when you bundle all three core attractions!
Know Before You Go:
Face masks are strongly recommended for all visitors (ages 5+) during their visit at the Manitoba Museum.
About the Science Gallery:
Test the universal laws of science and explore the wonders of technology and illusion in the Manitoba Museum’s Science Gallery. Learn about yourself and the world around you through entertaining hands-on activities where you become the scientist. Each exhibit offers operating instructions (what to do) and a short explanation of the science at work (what’s going on).
The Science Gallery contains a mix of newer exhibits and old favorites. The Matrix mirror room is still there, as well as lots of exhibits that cover the basics of science.
Be sure to check out these engrossing science experiences:
- Brickyard: Build with LEGO Bricks: Create, build, and solve real challenges in science and engineering. Use your imagination; don’t just follow instructions.
- Lake Winnipeg: Shared Solutions: Our Lake Winnipeg ecosystem is filled with life native to the watershed. Discover the wonder of water at the interactive stream table.
- Pulley Chairs: Lift yourself using the power of simple machines!
- Engineered for Speed: Choose a race car and put it through its paces on our test track.
- Cosmos Corner: Explore humanity’s achievements in space, including areal, full-sized Black Brant rocket, built right here in Winnipeg by Magellan Aerospace!.
- Animation Station: Make a stop-action movie, complete with sound effects!
Please Note: Some high touch/interactive displays remain temporarily unavailable or limited in capacity and operation throughout the Science Gallery due to COVID-19 precautions.
The Science Gallery also features the Explore Science Zone, an interactive space where science comes alive.
Download a PDF copy of our Visitor Map HERE.