ASTRONOMY DAY DAY STAR CLOCK
- NEW! Build a Star Clock to tell time using the Big Dipper. Download the file here, and see how it’s made and used during our live Astronomy Day broadcast on Saturday, May 2, 2020!
EXPLORING THE SKY
- See what’s up in the night sky with Manitoba Skies, our monthly sky column!
- International Space Station sightings from Winnipeg
- Cloud Forecast for Astronomers – astronomy-specific cloud forecast for Winnipeg.
- Create your own star map at Heavens Above.
GENERAL ASTRONOMY INFORMATION
- Buying a telescope : recommendations on how and where to buy a telescope in Manitoba.
- SpaceWeather.com – information on solar activity and northern lights visibility.
- Sunrise and Sunset times for cities in Canada
ASTRONOMY GROUPS IN MANITOBA
- Royal Astronomical Society of Canada : Winnipeg Centre – the local astronomy club, with over 200 members from all walks of life.
- University of Manitoba Astronomy Group – information on the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Manitoba.
- Other Canadian Astronomy Clubs
- SkyNews Magazine – the Canadian magazine of amateur astronomy. Lots of current information and useful links for amateur astronomers of any level.
- The Royal Astronomical Society of Canada publishes several books useful to amateur astronomers in Canada.
- Sky & Telescope Magazine – daily information updates, star maps, and a wealth of information for the amateur astronomer.
ASTRONOMY EDUCATION RESOURCES
- The Astronomical Society of the Pacific – excellent site for teachers with lots of resources, lesson plans, and products for astronomy education. The site is based on the American curriculum but is still useful for Canadian teachers.
- The Canadian Space Agency (CSA) – bilingual site covering Canada’s contributions to the exploration of space.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) – general NASA sight with everything you need to know about the space shuttle, space station and more. Lots of links to other NASA sites.
- Hubble Space Telescope – images and history of the Hubble Space Telescope.