WAYS TO SUPPORT THE MANITOBA MUSEUM:
1) Monthly Giving
Monthly donors are a special group of people who make a commitment to support the Manitoba Museum throughout the year. These donations are critically important to ensure the Museum has the resources available at all times to collect, preserve, research and share the stories of our province. To become a monthly donor today, contact Ashleigh at 204-988-0687.
2) One-time donations
One-time donations are a key source of support for Museum operations. Donor support makes it possible to develop and deliver quality programs for students and visitors, to strengthen our valuable community outreach programs, to conserve the collections that document Manitoba's cultural and natural heritage, and to maintain and improve our world-class exhibitions. To make a donation, contact Ashleigh at 204-988-0687 or donate online.
3) The Manitoba Museum Foundation Inc.
The Manitoba Museum Foundation receives and invests donations, deferred gifts, and commemorative gifts that build an endowment fund to ensure the future of the Manitoba Museum. A portion of the interest earned on the principal is granted back to the Museum each year to support research projects, to build and maintain the collections, and to upgrade exhibitions.
Each of us hopes to leave a unique mark: to be remembered for our loyalty, commitment, compassion, kindness and generosity. A deferred gift to the Museum is one that is arranged now, but is not available for use by The Manitoba Museum until later in the future. A planned gift enables you to invest in the Museum as your charity of choice while maximizing tax and other financial benefits.
- Bequests – By remembering The Manitoba Museum Foundation Inc. in your will, you will leave a legacy that supports the Museum's future. Your estate will receive a donation receipt for the full amount of the bequest, which can assist in reducing the tax payable on your final income tax return.
- Life Insurance – A gift of life insurance can be an affordable way for you to make a future major gift to the Museum while enjoying tax relief during your lifetime.
- Gift Plus Annuity – You can make a contribution to The Manitoba Museum Foundation and, in turn, receive guaranteed income payments for life.
- Charitable Remainder Trust – By establishing a trust to support The Manitoba Museum Foundation, you can enjoy for life, or a term of years, income from the trust. The Manitoba Museum Foundation receives what remains in the trust after death, or after a specified number of years.
To discuss a deferred or planned gift, contact Heather Laser at 204-988-0656.