The Manitoba Museum is a non-profit organization incorporated by an act of the Manitoba Legislature. The Museum is a charitable not for profit organization that relies upon admission revenues and charitable gifts to operate.
- To shape Manitoba’s future by expanding knowledge, sharing stories, and encouraging discovery
- To preserve the heritage of Manitoba for present and future generations;
- To seek, acquire, and share knowledge of Manitoba’s history, culture, and natural world with Manitobans and others; and
- To inspire personal discovery, appreciation, and understanding of Manitoba, the world, and our universe.
- Curiosity – We promote innovation by seeking out new ideas and welcoming knowledge exchange.
- Integrity – We act with honesty and integrity. We strive to know and uphold the highest ethical standards.
- Responsibility – We are responsible stewards of the public trust and institutional assets as stated in the Museum’s mandate. We are committed to being socially and environmentally responsible.
- Respectfulness – We value the contributions of all Museum stakeholders and treat them with respect and sensitivity.
- Inclusivity – We encourage diversity and dialogue, and are committed to creating an environment for staff and the public that is welcoming and one that promotes inclusivity and equity.