Before you visit, please check out our COVID-19 protocols HERE.
STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT
The Manitoba Museum is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We believe in inclusion. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in ways that allow them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are committed to meeting the needs of people who face accessibility barriers. We will do this by identifying, removing, and preventing barriers, and by meeting the requirements of The Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA).
Disclaimer: The Manitoba Museum opened its doors in 1970 and understand that many parts of the Museum are due for renewal. We appreciate your patience as the Museum continues to address outdated infrastructure as funding allows.
NOTIFICATIONS OF TEMPORARY DISRUPTIONS
Due to COVID-19, modifications are in place that comply with public health orders and guidelines to help protect you, our staff, and Museum’s artifacts and specimens. More information can be found in our COVID-19 protocols HERE and Plan My Visit.
- Attractions – The Museum Galleries and Planetarium are open, while the Science Gallery and Museum Shop remain temporarily closed.
- Entrance/Exit – All visitors must enter the Manitoba Museum through the main entrance at 190 Rupert Avenue. All other entrances into the building will be locked/inaccessible.
MANITOBA MUSEUM ACCESSIBILITY PLAN
View our Manitoba Museum Accessibility Plan.
ACCESSIBLE FACILITY ACCESS
- Rupert Avenue (Entrance Open) – is the main entrance to the Manitoba Museum and includes a ramp and stairs to the Museum lobby.
- Main Street (Entrance Closed) – has a secondary entrance with stairs. It is not wheelchair accessible.
- Lily Street (entrance Closed) – has a fully accessible entrance which includes a series of ramps and a small lift to get you to the Planetarium and Science Gallery level. The main floor galleries can then be accessed using the tower elevator.
- Temporary Disruptions: In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption of services or facilities affecting customers disabled by barriers, we will promptly post notices with alternative options, timelines, when possible, announce the disruption on our website and through the public announcement system.
Preview our Facilities Map for Temporary Disruptions here.
Previews of our Policies and Procedures are available upon request.
Support Persons: People accompanying a person with a disability (up to two support persons per visitor). Applies to general admission for Museum Galleries, Planetarium, and Science Gallery. Please notify Box Office staff upon your arrival if you are a support person, as an admission ticket is required.
For more admission discount information please go to Hours & Admission.
HAVE A QUESTION OR COMMENT?
Not ready to visit? Check out our virtual programming through our Programs & Events page.