The new Engineered for Speed exhibit opens November 24, 2017
NOTE: The current racetrack will be closed Nov 20 - 23 to complete renovations.
For hours of operation and admission prices, click here.
Test the universal laws of science and explore the wonders of technology and illusion in The Manitoba Museum’s Science Gallery. Learn about yourself and the world around you in an entertaining hands-on atmosphere where you become the scientist. Each exhibit offers operating instructions (what to do) and a short explanation of the science at work (what’s going on).
The Science Gallery contains a mix of new exhibits and old favorites. The Matrix mirror room and Flash Room are still there, as well as lots of exhibits which cover the basics of science. Recent additions include:
- Black Brant Rocket : a real, full-sized rocket, built right here in Winnipeg by Magellan Aerospace!
- Lake Winnipeg: Shared Solutions : explore the Lake Winnipeg watershed through an award-winning interactive simulation. Visit our a self-sustaining Ecosystem with fish, amphibians, crustaceans, insects, plants, and invertebrates, and discover the wonder of water in the interactive stream table.
- Pulley Chairs : lift yourself using the power of the pulley!
- Engineered for Speed : build a race car and put it through its paces on our test track.
- Cosmos Corner : explore humanity’s achievements in space, control the Canadarm2, and work in simulated microgravity
- Animation Station : make a stop-action movie, complete with sound effects!
The Science Gallery also features the Boeing Explore Science Zone, an interactive space where science comes alive. School programs and public hands-on activities are available, with an ever-changing roster of themes. Science programs at The Manitoba Museum are proudly sponsored by Boeing.