Updated February 26, 2021
Starting March 4, 2021, the following Manitoba Museum areas and services are open and available:
- Museum Galleries
- Gender-Neutral Washrooms (located in the Foyer and Nonsuch Gallery)
- Wheelchair and Stroller Rentals (free of charge; first-come first-served)
- Snack/Drink Vending Machines (located in the Foyer)
- Water Bottle Filler (located in the Foyer)
Please note that all high-touch/interactive displays and boarding of the Nonsuch ship are temporarily unavailable, and the Planetarium, Science Gallery, and Museum Shop will remain temporarily closed until further notice.
The safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority, so we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 guidelines and will determine if any additional precautions are required.
Before You Visit
- Visitors are asked to self-screen using the Manitoba Health COVID-19 Screening Tool.
- Please do not visit the Manitoba Museum if you or anyone in your household are:
- Exhibiting any new or worsening COVID-19 symptoms,
- Have been in close contact with someone in the last 14 days that is confirmed to have tested positive for COVID-19
- Have traveled outside of Manitoba in the last 14 days, or
- Are required to self-isolate for any reason under the current public health orders
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets online before their visit to minimize wait times and reduce contact with other people
- Contactless payment methods (debit/credit) are preferred over cash for in-person transactions
- All staff members and visitors (ages 5 and up) are required to wear a face mask
- We encourage you to visit with only members of your household and avoid gathering with others. Groups of more than 5 people cannot gather unless they are members of the same household.
During Your Visit
- Visitors are to enter and exit through the main entrance at 190 Rupert Avenue. Access into the Museum from Steinkopf Gardens, Centennial Concert Hall Parkade, or from the lower-level Concourse Hallway will not be available.
- Entry into the Museum Galleries will be on a first-come first-served basis.
- We are currently asking for names and contact information from all visitors for contact tracing.
- Physical distancing protocols are in place with reduced building capacity, floor markers, and signage to prevent congestion.
- Staff and visitors are expected to practice physical distancing (2m/6ft from others) in all areas of the Museum.
- All staff members and visitors (ages 5 and up) are required to wear a face mask that covers their mouth, nose, and chin without gapping while in the public areas of the Manitoba Museum.
- Visitors who do not have a mask can purchased one for $1.00/mask at the Box Office.
- Exceptions to the Mandatory Mask Policy include:
- Children under 5 years of age
- Any person with an underlying medical condition that is unrelated to COVID-19, including breathing or cognitive difficulties or a disability which prevents them from safely wearing a mask or covering
- Any person who is unable to place, remove, or use a mask or face covering without the assistance of another person
- Manitoba Museum employees who are working behind a physical barrier or shield, or working within a designated area for Museum personnel only that is not accessible to the public.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available at points of entry and throughout public areas. Frequent hand sanitization is encouraged.
- Stringent sanitization and cleaning practices are already in place throughout the building.
- Personal belongings must be kept with you throughout your visit. Please leave large items and/or valuables at home.
- Large wayfinding maps can be found throughout the Museum Galleries, while individual paper maps will not be available.
- All high-touch/interactive displays are temporarily unavailable.
- Boarding of the Nonsuchship is temporarily unavailable as frequent sanitation would cause deterioration of this artifact.
- Visitors wishing to re-enter the Manitoba Museum or the Museum Galleries may need to wait in line if the maximum occupancy has been reached.
Thank-you for your patience and cooperation. We look forward to seeing you at the Manitoba Museum soon!
Not ready to visit? Check out our virtual programming through our Programs & Events page.
Have a question? We’d love to answer! Please contact Reception at [email protected] or 204-956-2830.
For updates regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus disease), follow the links below. The links include helpful personal hygiene tips and other preventative information. We all have a role to play in preventing the spread of COVID-19.