Updated November 15, 2022
The following Manitoba Museum attractions and services are open and available:
- Museum Galleries
- Planetarium Theatre
- Science Gallery
- Gender-Neutral Washrooms (located in the Foyer, Concourse & Nonsuch Gallery)
- Wheelchair and Stroller Rentals (free of charge; first-come first-served)
- Public Lockers ($1/locker; located in the Concourse)
- Snack/Drink Vending Machines (located in the Foyer & Concourse)
- Festival Hall Lunchroom (located off the Foyer)
- Water Bottle Filler (located in the Foyer)
- The Museum Shop
- Face Mask Policy – Face masks are strongly recommended for all visitors (ages 5+) during their visit at the Manitoba Museum.
The safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority, so we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 guidelines and will determine if any additional precautions are required.
Before You Visit
- Self-Screening & COVID-19 Symptoms – Visitors are asked to self-screen using the Manitoba Health COVID-19 Screening Tool. Please do not visit the Manitoba Museum if you or anyone in your household are:
- Exhibiting any new or worsening COVID-19 symptoms,
- Have been in close contact with someone in the last 14 days that is confirmed to have tested positive for COVID-19,
- Have traveled outside of Manitoba in the last 14 days and are not fully vaccinated, or
- Are required to self-isolate for any reason under the current public health orders.
- Pre-Purchase Tickets – Visitors are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets online before their visit to minimize wait times and reduce contact with other people.
During Your Visit
- Entrance/Exit – Visitors may enter the Museum through the main entrance at 190 Rupert Avenue, from the Main Street entrance, from the Centennial Concert Hall Parkade, or from the lower-level Concourse Hallway.
- Face Masks – Face masks are strongly recommended for all visitors (ages 5+) during their visit at the Manitoba Museum.
- Museum Galleries & Science Gallery – Entry is on a first-come first-served basis. Visitors wishing to re-enter these attractions may need to wait in line if maximum occupancy has been reached.
- Planetarium Theatre – Entry into the Planetarium is based on timed-ticketing and requires all visitors to reserve their show time. Re-entry into the Planetarium Theatre will not be allowed due to safety concerns.
- Physical Distancing – Staff and visitors are encouraged to practice physical distancing (2m/6ft from others) in all areas of the Museum.
- Hand Sanitizer – Sanitizer stations are available at points of entry and throughout public areas. Frequent hand sanitization is encouraged.
- Cleaning Practices – Stringent sanitization and cleaning practices are already in place throughout the building.
- Personal Belongings – Personal items brought to the Museum can be kept with you during your visit or stored in a public locker (available at $1/locker).
- Wayfinding Maps – Large wall maps can be found throughout the Museum Galleries and a digital map can be accessed through the Museum’s website.
Thank-you for your patience and cooperation. We look forward to seeing you at the Manitoba Museum soon!
For updates regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus disease), follow the links below. The links include helpful personal hygiene tips and other preventative information. We all have a role to play in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Have a question or comment?
Please get in touch with us by calling us at 204-956-2830, or by emailing [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!
Not ready to visit? Check out our virtual programming through our Programs & Events page.