Are you interested in being part of the Youth Climate Alliance? Find out how you can apply!
- Youth who live in Winnipeg and are between the ages 14-18 (grade 9-12).
- Youth who are passionate about their environment.
- Youth who are committed to combat climate change.
- Youth who are happy to be working as part of a team.
Applications for the first cohort of the Youth Climate Alliance are now closed.
If you have any questions about the program, please email: [email protected]
Once the application deadline has passed, we will be reviewing all applications and choosing 15-20 people to be part of the Manitoba Museum’s Youth Climate Alliance. If you don’t get chosen, we encourage you to reapply when the next application period opens in Fall 2023.
Members of the Youth Climate Alliance can expect to attend bi-weekly meetings in hybrid form starting the first week of March. These mandatory meetings will alternate between being in-person and over Zoom. Throughout the meetings, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn more about climate change and its impacts.
- Work on a climate change-related events and projects “by and for” youth.
- Meet Museum staff and participate on our curator-led museum tour.
- Learn about green careers.
We know that you’re busy and while there will be a lot of planning to do during our meetings, there might be times when you might need to work on things at your own pace.
In addition to being part of the Youth Climate Alliance, you will be automatically registered in the Manitoba Museum’s volunteer program, which will allow you to volunteer and experience the other programs and events that the Museum has to offer. The additional hours to volunteer at our general Museum programming will be determined by your personal schedule.
As a member of the Youth Climate Alliance, we expect you to:
- Attend all the bi- weekly mandatory meetings.
- Not miss more than two mandatory meetings*
- Be a team player.
- Communicate with the program coordinator and your fellow members in a timely manner.
*This program relies on participants who are able to commit to attending a majority of meetings and events. We know your lives are busy, but we hope you apply with the expectation of attending as many meetings and events as possible. Participants who miss more than two meetings may be released from this cohort.
As a member of the Youth Climate Alliance, you’ll:
- Broaden your knowledge and raise climate change awareness alongside other youth.
- Become a climate action leader in the community.
- Gain valuable leadership and organizational skill.
- Get free Membership at the Manitoba Museum.
- Meet Museum staff and volunteers, and experience the cool things that the Museum has to offer.
- Have food and snacks during in-person meetings.
- Meet like-minded individuals and expand your network.
- Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program.
If you have any further questions about the program or the application form, please email [email protected].