Here’s what to do:
- Take a leaf of lettuce from the fridge and place it in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove the lettuce leaf from the freezer and place it on the counter.
- Allow half an hour for the leaf to thaw, then compare it to a fresh one.
- Write your observations on paper:
Winter is a great time to have fun outside, but be sure to …
- Check the forecast on the weather channel or phone Environment Canada at (204) 983-2050 for a weather update.
- Dress warmly and wear layers of clothing so you do not cool down too quickly.
- Wear wool clothing rather than polyester. Wool breathes, allows moisture to escape and keeps the warmth in.
- Let your parents know where you are going and when you will return, especially if you plan to do some cross-country skiing or camping.