A Message to Our Members.
Valued Manitoba Museum Members,
As you know, the Manitoba Museum temporarily closed our doors on March 14 due to COVID-19. While we are not able to re-open immediately, we are preparing to meet the requirements to safely welcome our members back to their beloved Museum. We’ll let you know as soon as we determine when we’ll be opening again!
Since you’ve been unable to visit the Museum and we know you’ll want to once we re-open, we’re extending your membership by the length of time that our closure overlaps with your membership term.
We know your next visit to the Museum will be a meaningful one and we’re excited for the day when we’re able to welcome you back! Until then remember you can engage with us online, subscribe to updates on social media, and enjoy our virtual Museum experiences through our weekly newsletter, ManitobaMuseum@Home.
Many people have asked how they can support us during this challenging time. Waiving the membership extension we are offering is one way. Donations are another. We would be very grateful for either – or both. Please contact us at email@example.com or leave a voicemail at 204-988-0647 and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We are thankful for each of our members and for the on-going support you are providing the Manitoba Museum!
Kaitlin Aiello, Membership Coordinator & Lauren Baker, Manager of Visitor & Member Services
Impact of Temporary Closure on Your Membership
Here are some examples of how our temporary closure will impact your membership.
Please note: The examples below are based on a June 1 re-opening date, however, a re-opening date has not been determined at this time. We will be sure to communicate to you, our members, and the public once our plans are confirmed.
|Membership Extension & Renewal Examples
(Based on a June 1 Re-Opening Date)
|Expiration Date||Extension Time||New Expiration Date||If Member Renews|
|March 31, 2020||1 month||June 30, 2020||Membership extended to expire on June 2021|
|April 30, 2020||2 months||July 31, 2020||Membership extended to expire on July 2021|
|May 30, 2020||3 months||August 31, 2020||Membership extended to expire on August 2021|
|June 30, 2020||3 months||September 30, 2020||Membership extended to expire on September 2021|
|July 31, 2020 –
March 31, 2021
|3 months||Please add three months onto current expiry date||Membership is extended by three months|
Ready To Renew?
Thank-you so much for renewing your membership! We can’t wait to see you again and provide you with happy Manitoba Museum memories to make up for lost time!
Your membership, helps to support the Museum in many ways including research, the care of artifacts and specimens, development of curriculum-based school programs, and the delivery of public programs which allows us to continue to tell the stories of Manitobans.
A Manitoba Museum membership is more than just free admission to our world-renowned Museum Galleries, Science Gallery, and Planetarium. It’s the perfect adventure for you, your friends, and your family. Your membership is a worthwhile investment in yourself and your loved ones. Great membership benefits include:
- Free unlimited admission to the Museum Galleries, Science Gallery and Planetarium shows
- Discounts on Day Camps (Save $20 per child), course registrations, and facility rentals (based on availability)
- Special pricing for feature exhibitions, birthday parties, and special programming
- Invitations to member-only events
- Early-bird ticket access
- Free or discounted admission to 30+ science centres and museums across Canada through the CASC and ANHMC reciprocal agreements
- Please visit the Member FAQ for more details.
- Save 10% on Museum Shop purchases (some restrictions apply)
- Free on-site library access (by appointment only)
- Subscription to the Insider member e-newsletter delivered directly to your inbox three times per year. We also send monthly updates, via e-mail, about Museum events and activities.
- Early Renewal Discount for members. Renew your membership before the expiry date and receive 20% off the purchase price. Not valid with any other promotions or discounts.
- Reciprocal agreements with local organizations on discounted memberships: Fort Whyte Alive (15%), Oak Hammock Marsh (10%), Children’s Museum (10%), Winnipeg Art Gallery (10%), and Canadian Museum for Human Rights (10%)
- Personalized Membership Cards for each member
- Complimentary Admission Passes for first-time members to share with friends or family
- Voting Privileges at our Annual General Meeting (Members 18 years & older)
- Grandparents Day (Sunday, September 13, 2020) Members can bring their grandparents or grandchildren to the Manitoba Museum for FREE!
Buy your membership online, in person at our Box Office, or call our Membership Office at 204-988-0647.
Please note: Prices include a $1 contribution to the Museum’s New Exhibition Fund. Manitoba Museum memberships are non-transferable. Only the individual whose name appears on the membership card is entitled to member benefits.
Members must log in with the email address linked to your active membership to see discounted prices or renew your membership online.
Family Membership $126
A Manitoba Museum Family Membership includes up to six individuals who permanently reside in one household. Additional people living in the same household can be added to the membership for a fee (Adult Add-On: $30 / Child Add-On: $10).
The Manitoba Museum reserves the right to request proof of residence for all family members listed on a membership.
Couple Membership $96
A Manitoba Museum Couple Membership includes two adults who live in the same household.
Senior Couple Membership $76
A Manitoba Museum Senior Couple Membership includes two people, aged 65+, who live in the same household.
Senior Couple Plus Membership $76 + $10 Per Grandchild
A Manitoba Museum Senior Couple Plus Membership includes two people, aged 65+, who live in the same household. Grandchildren (aged 3 to 17) can be added to the membership for a fee ($10 per grandchild).
Individual Membership $52
A Manitoba Museum Individual Membership includes one adult aged 18 to 64.
Senior Membership $42
A Manitoba Museum Senior Membership includes one adult aged 65+.
Senior Plus Membership $42 + $10 per grandchild
A Manitoba Museum Senior Plus membership includes one adult aged 65+. Grandchildren (aged 3 to 17) can be added to the membership for a fee ($10 per grandchild).
Student Membership $42
A Manitoba Museum Student Membership includes one post-secondary student with valid student ID. (18+ with ID)
Youth Membership $34
A Manitoba Museum Youth Membership includes one youth aged 3 to 17.
Organization Membership $260
A Manitoba Museum Organization Membership includes eight member cards addressed to the name of the non-profit organization. Member cards can be distributed to the organization’s staff and clients as the organization sees fit.
Corporate Membership $600
A Manitoba Museum Corporate Membership includes ten member cards addressed to the name of the for-profit business. Member cards can be distributed to the business’ staff and clients as the business sees fit.