YOUR CONTRIBUTION IS MAKING A DIFFERENCE!
Your visit to the Museum supports the development of new and exciting exhibitions! Since 2012, $1 of every admission and each membership sale is allocated to a New Exhibition Fund and is designated exclusively to support the development of new exhibits in the Museum Galleries, Science Gallery and Planetarium.
Creating new exhibitions take time and money. Our curators conduct research throughout the Province, which in time makes its way to our Galleries in the form of new exhibitions, such as the Brickyard: Build with LEGO Bricks, and Legacies of Confederation: A New Look at Manitoba History.
Excluding staff time, the cost of developing new exhibits is approximately $400 per square feet, or $4,304 per square metre. Many grants available to us require “matching funds”, and this New Exhibition Fund allows us to leverage your contribution to create better exhibitions.
We have used the NEF for the following projects:
- Lake Winnipeg Shared Solutions • Science Gallery
- Ancient Seas • Earth History Gallery
- Astronaut • Planetarium Show
- Legacies of Confederation • Museum Galleries
- NASA Moon Rock • Science Gallery
- Brickyard: Build with LEGO Bricks • Science Gallery
- 17th Century Christmas in the Nonsuch • Museum Galleries
- Fossil Favourites from Across Canada • Museum Galleries
- Engineered for Speed Racetrack • Science Gallery
- Bringing Our Stories Forward • Museum Galleries
Thank you for supporting the Manitoba Museum!