Winnipeg, MB (March 23, 2017): The Manitoba Museum is open every day during Spring Break. The Museum Galleries, Planetarium and Science Gallery will be open DAILY from March 25 to April 2 from 10 AM to 5 PM. The Museum Galleries feature all your favourites – the bison, the Nonsuch and Winnipeg in the 1920s – as well as the temporary exhibit Legacies of Confederation: A New Look at Manitoba History. Interactive exhibits offer fun for everyone in the Science Gallery, including the Brickyard: Build with LEGO Bricks, the temporary NASA Moon Rock exhibit, and moon-themed hands-on fun in the Explore Science Zone. Visit the Planetarium to learn about the current night sky, and take in a brand new feature show, Perfect Little Planet.
Here are the highlights of what’s going on just for Spring Break at the Manitoba Museum presented by BMO:
EVERYDAY 10AM to 5PM
- Crafts inspired by Portraits of the North: Drawings by Gerald Kuehl – Alloway Hall – Join us for family-friendly art making inspired by the Portraits of the North exhibit. Create your own Red River friendship bracelet or miniature birch bark paper basket you can decorate it with your own designs. Try your hand at different drawing techniques at our portrait station.
- Take the 10 Things Challenge – Museum Galleries – Try to do all 10 activities at the Museum before the end of Spring Break, including boarding the Nonsuch, watching a Planetarium show, and building a race car.
- NEW SHOW: Perfect Little Planet – Planetarium – Daily at 11 am and 2 pm – Imagine the ultimate space vacation! Discover our solar system through a new set of eyes – a family from another star system seeking the perfect vacation spot. Fly over the surface of Pluto, our best known dwarf planet. Dive over the ice cliffs of Miranda. Sail through the rings of Saturn. Feel the lightning storms of Jupiter. And walk on the surface of Mars. Which destination would you choose? Click here for the complete Planetarium schedule.
MON, WED & FRI • 1PM - 4 PM
- Live Animal Displays - Alloway Hall - Get up close to some amazing live animals brought to the Museum by our friends from the Wildlife Haven Rehabilitation Centre.
TUES & THURS • 1:30 - 3:30 PM
- Meet BMO the Bear – Make sure you stop and get a selfie with the always cute and cuddly, BMO the Bear!
SPRING MEMBERSHIP SALE • March 1 - April 2
- We're getting ready for spring the best way we know how - with a membership sale! All our membership categories are on sale until April 2. Just use the promo code "springsale" to save 15%! For more information or to get your membership, click here
PARKING • The Manitoba Museum is located at 190 Rupert Avenue (Rupert @ Main Street), across from City Hall and adjacent to the Centennial Concert Hall. Our Rupert Street entrance has pick-up and drop-off loading zone, so you can let your family and friends get the admissions tickets while you park. Please see this map to see available parking options in the area.
FOOD & DRINK • Food can be purchased any time from vending machines located in Festival Hall. “Abby’s Place” will be joining us every day of Spring Break, and will be set up beside the foyer elevator with family favourite foods. You are also welcome to bring your own lunch and snacks and enjoy them in our Festival Hall lunchroom.
BUY YOUR TICKETS ONLINE • Don’t want to wait in line during Spring Break? Buy your tickets in advance, online, and go straight to the entrance.