Summer Day Camp 2016
Registration opens Monday, April 4.
Enjoy Hands-On Fun!
The Manitoba Museum offers two different summer camps. Weeks 1 and 2 alternate throughout the summer so your kids can enjoy a single week or two weeks in a row!
Summer Day Camps include a variety of hands-on science and immersive history activities. Visit the:
- New Dino Dig Discovery Room
- Nine Museum Galleries
- Science Gallery and Planetarium
- …and, go on field trips!
Your adventure includes dinosaur activities in and out of the dino dig pit, and hands-on activities like making and racing your own model sail boat. Get behind the scenes at the Museum to learn how to make your own diorama, and visit a tipi where you can learn about Aboriginal toys and games. Learn about urban ecosystems and local history in Winnipeg’s downtown.
Chemistry has never been so fun! Learn how slime is slimy, fizz is fizzy and what is in those mystery powders! Travel back in time as a paleontologist to see what Manitoba was like 90 million years ago, and travel across the world in a 17th century sailing ship! Field trips ensure an adventure awaits around every corner and will include investigations into the art and architecture of Winnipeg.
July 4-July 8
July 18-July 22
August 8-August 12
August 22-August 26
July 11-July 15
July 25-July 29
August 15-August 19
ABOUT OUR CAMPS
- Campers are divided into three age groups: Grades K & 1 / 2 & 3 / 4 & 5. We accept campers who have finished Kindergarten this past June.
- Camper to Leader ratio of 8:1.
- The cost is $195 per week for non-members and $175 per week for Museum Members. We offer a $20 sibling discount.
- Day Camp activities run from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Campers can be dropped off as early as 8:00 am at no additional cost. For earlier drop off please call 988-0626 (additional fees apply).
- Pick up is between 4:30 pm and 5:00 pm.
- Morning snack is provided, and is most often made by campers. Campers require a lunch and drink every day except Friday, when a hot dog lunch is provided.
- There are no camps offered June 27 to July 1 or August 1 to 5, 2016.
- Themes will be the same for all groups but activities will vary by age group.
Still have questions? Please call our Registration Coordinator at (204) 988-0626 Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.