Registration opens April 3, 2018!
The Manitoba Museum offers two different summer camps. Theme 1 and 2 alternate throughout the summer so your kids can enjoy a single week or two weeks in a row!
Summer camps include a variety of hands-on science and immersive history activities. Visit the:
- NEW! Hockey: The Stories Behind the Passion
- Nine Museum Galleries (including the new and improved Nonsuch Gallery, reopening summer 2018)
- Science Gallery
- ...and go on field trips!
Explore the great unknown through both space and time as you travel to the stars, study ancient societies, and uncover old worlds with rocks, minerals, and fossils. Take to the high seas as you retrace the steps of early fur traders in our newly re-opened Nonsuch Gallery. Try your hand (and feet!) at sports and games from around the world as we celebrate sport in our new Hockey exhibition. Meet fuzzy and furry friends as we discover the weird and wonderful world of plants and animals in Manitoba.
Week 1 – July 9 - 13
Week 3 – July 23 - 27
Week 5 – August 7 - 10 (DISCOUNTED SHORT WEEK*)
Week 7 – August 20 - 24
Adventure deep into the woods of the Boreal Forest and uncover the lives of beavers and other fur-bearing animals in our newly re-opened Nonsuch Gallery! Explore Canadian identity and the diversity of language and culture in Canada with our blockbuster exhibition Hockey, and venture beyond our galaxy with special activities that help us celebrate the Planetarium’s 50th Anniversary. Explore how we can keep our lakes and oceans healthy through hands-on science experiments, and create big, tall, long, or small structures in our exploration of buildings and architecture in Winnipeg!
Week 2 – July 16 - 20
Week 4 – July 30 - August 3
Week 6 – August 13 - 17
Week 8 – August 27 - 31
Members $198 / Non-Members $218
*Week 5 $174 non-members, $158 for members
2018 Brochure Coming Soon!
ABOUT OUR CAMPS
- Campers are divided into three age groups: Grades K & 1 / 2 & 3 / 4 & 5. We accept campers who have finished Kindergarten this past June.
- Camper to Leader ratio of 8:1.
- The cost is $218 per week for non-members and $198 per week for Museum Members. We offer a $20 sibling discount (use the promo code at checkout that applies to you: 2kids, 3kids, 4kids, 5kids)
- Day Camp activities run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Campers can be dropped off as early as 8:00 am and picked up as late as 5:00 pm at no additional cost. For earlier drop-off or later pick up, please call 988-0626 (additional fees apply - $5/every 15 minutes early or later).
- Pick up is between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
- Morning snack is provided and is most often made by campers. Campers require a lunch and drink every day except Friday when a hot dog lunch is provided.
- There are no camps offered July 2 - 6, 2018.
- Themes will be the same for all groups but activities will vary by age group.
Still have questions? Please call our Registration Coordinator at (204) 988-0626 Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.