Summer Day Camps 2017
Registration is now open!
The Manitoba Museum offers two different summer camps. Weeks 1 and 2 alternate throughout the summer so your kids can enjoy a single week or two weeks in a row!
Summer camps include a variety of hands-on science and immersive history activities. Visit the:
- NEW! World’s Giant Dinosaurs
- Nine Museum Galleries
- Science Gallery
- ...and go on field trips!
Prepare for the dino-mighty Worlds Giant Dinosaurs! Dig for dinos in Alloway Hall, and get hands-on in the Museum as you learn about the amazing animals of Manitobaès diverse ecosystems. Go on an Arctic adventure and find out about life in northern Canada through activities such as soapstone carving. Discover how we can help protect our earth and live sustainable through hands-on science experiments.
Week 1. July 10 – July 14 SOLD OUT
Week 3. July 24 – July 28 NEW SPACES AVAILABLE
Week 5. August 14 – August 18 SOLD OUT
Week 7. August 28 – September 1
Become a junior paleontologist in our new exhibit, World's Giant Dinosaurs! Time Travel to the days of the fur trade, and prepare for an adventure on land and sea. Celebrate Canada 150 by discovering the diversity of Winnipeg through food, music and games. Take off into space and explore the solar system, then travel the globe to learn about technology and inventions, old and new.
Week 2. July 17 – July 21 SOLD OUT
Week 4. July 31 – August 4
Week 6. August 21 – 25 SOLD OUT
Members $198 / Non-Members $218
View the brochure
Summer Rocket Day!
A BRAND NEW program for kids aged 9-12 takes flight at the Manitoba Museum this summer! Spend the day exploring how rockets work, and build your own flying model rockets. Rockets will be launched at a special event on Saturday, August 12th. (location TBD, rain date Sunday, August 13th).
Fee $80 per child / $70 with Museum Membership. Includes all supplies and a take-home ESTES flying model rocket.
(Entrance to the launch day event for campers and their immediate families is free of charge.)
ABOUT OUR CAMPS
- Campers are divided into three age groups: Grades K & 1 / 2 & 3 / 4 & 5. We accept campers who have finished Kindergarten this past June.
- Camper to Leader ratio of 8:1.
- The cost is $218 per week for non-members and $198 per week for Museum Members. We offer a $20 sibling discount (use the promo code at checkout that applies to you: 2kids, 3kids, 4kids, 5kids)
- Day Camp activities run from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Campers can be dropped off as early as 8:00 am at no additional cost. For earlier drop off please call 988-0626 (additional fees apply).
- Pick up is between 4:30 pm and 5:00 pm.
- Morning snack is provided, and is most often made by campers. Campers require a lunch and drink every day except Friday, when a hot dog lunch is provided.
- There are no camps offered July 3 - 7, 2017.
- Themes will be the same for all groups but activities will vary by age group.
Still have questions? Please call our Registration Coordinator at (204) 988-0696 Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.