Tuesday to Sunday
Open 10 am to 4 pm
See Planetarium show
Saturday & Sunday
Open 11 am to 4 pm
We look forward to seeing you!
Face masks are strongly
recommended for all visitors
(age 5+) at the Manitoba Museum.
Click for Holiday Hours
Hours of operation vary for different holidays.
Manitobans are wondering how to sincerely address the recommendations of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
In partnership with the Treaty Relations Commission of Manitoba, the Manitoba Museum is proud to offer intensive, object-centered, Treaty and Indigenous history education. Our goal is to expand education about Treaties, and to vividly present what it means to be a “Treaty person.”
The signing of the Treaties was not the end of a land exchange process. It was the beginning of a long-term relationship. Learn about the promises made at the time of Treaties, and how all Manitobans share in the benefits that flow from the peaceful initiatives of our ancestors. We need to understand that some things have gone wrong in this relationship, including the legacy of residential schools, and consider what actions can be taken to create positive relationships in Manitoba today.
Through relevant artifacts, exhibits and special programming, the Manitoba Museum would like to offer you the opportunity to engage in cultural and historical education for and about Manitoba’s Indigenous Peoples.
Our hope is to provide:
• a site of reconciliation to share a combination of historical evidence, cultural explanations, and political understandings
• a safe environment to foster reconciliation
• knowledge to build a better understanding of the historic context of Treaties and Treaty relationships
• a better understanding about options for improving Indigenous community relationships
• an understanding of the diversity of Manitoba’s Indigenous Peoples and an appreciation of the history of Manitoba’s First Nations, Métis and Inuit
The half-day We Are All Treaty People program, for groups of at least 10 participants, includes an introductory presentation, followed by tours in the Museum Galleries to view the relevant artifacts.
Inquire about additional spaces and food services.
Join us in helping to break the silence.
CALL TODAY TO BOOK YOUR TRAINING DATE!
Sales & Events Manager
E [email protected]