45 minutes – $5.25/student
Curriculum Target Grade: 8
Suitable for Grades: 7-9
Explore the scientific story of the trillions of cells that form our bodies. With the help of humourous characters, students learn how the human body grows from a single cell. This program has strong curriculum connections to the Grade 8 “Cells and Systems” cluster of the Manitoba Science Curriculum. A brief astronomy-based introduction to the current night sky is included.
Cluster 1: Cells and Systems
- 8-1-01 Use appropriate vocabulary related to their investigations of cells and systems
- 8-1-02 Identify characteristics of living things, and describe how different living things exhibit these characteristics.
- 8-1-03 Describe cell theory
- 8-1-05 Identify and compare major structures in plants and animal cells, and explain their function.
- 8-1-07 Describe the movement of nutrients and wastes across cell membranes and explain its importance.
- 8-1-10 Describe structural and functional relationships among cells, tissues, organs, and systems.
- 8-1-19 Describe functional similarities and differences of comparable structures and systems in different groups of living things.