The amethyst exhibit in the foyer was installed today, on schedule. There were a few teething pains, mostly related to lighting, but when you have done many exhibits you know that you will never be finished without some sort of issue.
The last 5% of the installation work always takes 50% of the time. As a public space, the foyer has a lot of ambient light, which means that there is an immense amount of reflection on a plexiglas case lid. When we put the lid on, we realized that we would not be able to read some of the text. So the lid came off, the backing panel was offset a bit to the side, some flat black board was placed inside the back of the lid, and the lights were moved around and adjusted a couple of times more.
Voilà, the exhibit is done, and we are very pleased with the result. MANY thanks to David, Hanna, Janis, Cindi, Adèle, Bob, Bert, Paul, Sean, and everyone else for their efforts. Even a simple exhibit such as this one requires the work of many people!