Have you ever wondered what treasures are contained in The Manitoba Museum’s vaults? If your answer is yes, consider taking a Behind the Scenes tour at the Museum this summer. BTS tours are offered during July and August, from Monday to Friday (with the exception of July 1 and August 5) and are free of charge, with the purchase of Museum admission.
Like most Museums, we are only able to display a small fraction of the over 2.9 million artefacts and specimens at any one time. Behind-the-scenes tours will give you the inside scoop on how exhibits are created, how artefacts and specimens are collected and preserved, and will allow you to see treasures not accessible to regular visitors.
Here are some facts to know before you go on a tour:
- Tours will be approximately 45 minutes long
- Tours will leave the foyer at 1:30 pm (people asked to show up at 1:25)
- There will be a maximum of 10 people
- There will be a free standing sign in the foyer with a cart. On the cart there will be a self serve signup sheet that will be put out first thing in the morning.
- Participants are asked to meet at that sign at 1:25
- Tours are for visitors over the age of 5